Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Clerk 1 – Warehouse Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 1 – Warehouse
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Finance & Supply Chain
Re Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Warehouse.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for controlling daily receiving of the company’s stocks, unloading deliveries, receiving, stocks verification, transfer, storage, record keeping, and issuing. Proper arrangement on transferring materials and forwarding the same to satellite Warehouses, handling documents, record keeping and maintaining stock accuracy as directed by the immediate Supervisor. Responsible for daily Safety activities and housekeeping activities as directed. Additionally, familiar with Warehouse equipment use (driving, organizing service and cleanliness). Maintaining equipment (forklift) to ensure it operates safely and effectively.
- A Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Any recognized Materials Management Certificates
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 2- 3 years’ experience on Large Scale Warehouse activities.
- Self – motivated and can work under minimum supervision.
- Experience on driving Forklift
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Conversant with forklift machine operations
- Confirming the items descriptions and quantities against the GRN (Goods Received Note) and proper handling of materials from Central Receiving Warehouse to Satellite Warehouses; then transporting same to Satellite Warehouses.
- Checking properly the items at staging area in comparison with GRN then binning the same properly
- Picking the items from staging area and forwarding them in the bin locations
- Proper binning, stacking, and storing of material in the Warehouse
- Able to print pick list from SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data processing) ERP System, issuing items to end user and posting the issuing slip into SAP
- Checking the inabilities and reporting same to Supervisor
- Identifying potentials stock-out and reporting to the Supervisor
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly stock count (cycle count)
- Identifying Non – conforming items and damaged ones and then reporting them to Supervisor.
- Conducting annual stock take as directed
- Offloading delivery trucks, tallying, and confirming deliveries
- Consignment verification, identifying substandard delivered materials
Clerk 1 – Warehouse Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Tanzanian class “D” Driving License, this is an added advantage.
- Be safety conscious and ability to clean the Warehouse after every work (housekeeping)
- Able to make reasonable decisions.
- Physically fit
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
- Ability to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with a team
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
- Computer Skills – (Excel and word skills)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 1 – Warehouse’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 24th May 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com