National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Overall Job Purpose
•To build and maintain relationship across a portfolio of high value Central and Local Government, Public Institutions, by focusing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and stretching income targets and improving customer satisfactions.
•The jobholder will be responsible for business portfolio growth and retention of existing customers where he/she is expected to increase “wallet share”
Sales and Service 60%
- Agree, met and exceeds contracted sales targets with focus on liabilities and other non-funding products.
- Grow portfolio value in line with agreed targets. This achieved through cross sell or up sell by providing a variety of products and services to customers.
- Generating ongoing referral business from existing customer within the portfolio
- Identify sales and services opportunities and offering solutions appropriate for the customer’s needs, goal and objectives.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these at short notice bot reactively and proactively
- Expand assigned portfolios through product optimization and profitable cross selling.
- Achieve customer satisfaction targets within the assigned portfolio by improving customer satisfaction standards.
- Establish relationships and maintain proactive and regular contact with clients as part of the agreed contact plan.
- Utilize all customer contact processes and products to develop a better understanding of customer needs
- Provide feedback to client, even if query or complaints has not been resolved yet.
- Educate customer on the new operating models
- Engage the customer and introduce prepared solutions.
- Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedures to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training.
- Maintain customer records and accurate completion of application and paper work.
- Work closely with customer service teams, responding to complex servicing requests and complaints for customers.
- Work proactively with colleagues across the group to support the growth of lead generation
- Promote alternative delivery channels to clients
- Proactively raise the profile and reputation of the bank in the local community
- Provide financial advice to existing and new customers within the local community to remain a reputable Bank.
- Maintain relationship plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers prioritized.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, and negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriates communication method.
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complains.
- Research, create and follow up at a target list for potential new business
- Business Management 30%
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with Business Analysts, CMAs and Operational bankers to construct credit application)
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
People Management 10%
- Day to day coaching and development of indirect report i.e. Business Analysts and Operational Bankers
- Proactively identify personal development areas and training needs
Risk Management 10%
- Safeguard the bank’s interest by;
- Creating awareness, keep up-dale and comply with Know Your Client (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- Comply and keep up to date with all policies and procedure.
- Ensure customer information is kept confidential and only released to the right person.
- Education and Experience Required
- B-degree / Advance Diploma or Equivalent qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Admiration or any other related field
- Proven personal experience of managing customer situations within complex decision
- May have experience in the Business to Business Financial Services Sector
- Fully aware of Industry trends (local and overseas).
Relationship Manager PSI Job Vacancy at NBC
Knowledge & Skills:
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Strong solutioning, selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and sound financial skills
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Strong Leadership and team-working skills
- Basic IT Knowledge
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to business cases, solutions, both internally and externally
Special work requirements:
- Experience Leading Business Unit in a reputable organization
- Knowledge of banking and financial environment in emerging markets
- Commercial or related qualification would be an added advantage
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Junior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Relationship building (Meets all of the requirements)